Life is free entertainment

An account of our lives in all it's Glory!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Life is more fun as a kid!

Each year on Labor Day weekend, my very distant family hosts a family reunion at Spring Mill State Park in Mitchell, IN. It is a very big memory for all of us in the family and is second only to Christmas at Grandma's house when it comes to holidays. When you think of family reunion, you may think of quilt auctions, matching T-shirts, nametags, or slideshows. This reunion has none of those. After the pot-luck dinner at the park, the family members are free to explore the trails and caves, visit the authentic pioneer village, or test their endurance by walking in the spring-fed creek that maintains a water temperature of about 50 degrees year-round due to the caves. While a typical family reunion is usually dreaded by a 10 year old boy, in our family they make plans for weeks!

Unfortunately since we have lived out of state most of my married life, and the years we lived in state, we worked on Sundays, I have not attended much at all. I decided that this year, I would go with the girls despite the fact that Michael would be working.


I came home with one conclusion ingrained in me: "traveling with kids is hard work." Traveling with kids, without my husband, while trying to coordinate the schedules of other family members is even harder work. So, although I did manage to snap a few cute pictures and I am sure the kids had a blast, I am EXHAUSTED! WHEW!  


1 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

We had to miss it this year, but I'm glad you guys made a point to go and that you had a great time! (Even if you were exhausted.)

October 2, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home