Life is free entertainment

An account of our lives in all it's Glory!

Saturday, November 21, 2009

When I'm a giant...

We had just dropped Annie off at school. We're all in the van, listening to the radio when we hear, "but when I'm a giant, I won't fit anywhere." It's Trinity. She seems concerned, but she has an active imagination, so we go on like nothing happened.


"But when I'm a giant I won't fit ANYWHERE!" and she keeps repeating it until we ask, "Trinity, what are you talking about?" ... "When I'm a giant I won't fit anywhere!" Michael tries his best to assure her that she won't become a giant, but she retorts, "When I eat a lot, I'll grow big. I'll become a giant and I won't fit ANYWHERE!" This is beginning to explain why Trinity has refused to eat almost every meal that we have set in front of her for the past week.

Now... I'm starting to feel a bit guilty. I do remember her asking me quickly "If I eat a lot will I become a giant?" I thought, I guess you could become really fat and be giant, and responded, "yes."  That was the end of the conversation. That was a week ago. I guess she took it to heart. I did not realize that she thought she would turn into a REAL giant. So, now she was truly concerned, (and a bit hungry). It was time to set her straight. We assured her that food would make her "big and strong" but that she would NOT surpass "grown up" size. Once you became a grown up, your food just gives you energy.

Then we went home for breakfast. Trinity had thirds.
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

Haha, this cracks me up. I love the minds of children.

December 17, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home